[linux-audio-user] ALSA+opl3-sa2

Subject: [linux-audio-user] ALSA+opl3-sa2
From: Barneé (lebarn_AT_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 05:12:05 EEST

I am attempting to install Alsa on my Toshiba Portege 3010ct (Redhat
7.3/2.4.18-3+ALSA 0.5.10b), which uses a Yamaha OPL3-SA2 soundcard.
I made everything from source, and selected my card with an option
flag. It netted me a module named snd-opl3.o
I seem to recall under my other redhat/alsa install, I had a module
which was name opl3sa2.o To anyone's knowledge, has the name of the
correct module changed or did I screw up my alsa build? I have the
module inserted, but cannot get my alsamixer to run, and want to be
sure I'm dealing with the correct module before proceeding.
Additionally, if anyone has the correct modules.conf for my machine,
it would be quite instructive to me. Thanks in advance for any
potential insight(s).