Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] final scratch audio
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 15:18:54 EEST

Nathaniel Virgo wrote:
> It's pretty odd because they make it pretty clear on their website here:
> http://www.finalscratch.com/fs2/sys_req.asp
>
> maybe it's just because their marketing people are scared of linux...

Or that the guy doing the presentation forgot to mention it.

> (incidentally, I know someone who came up with the same idea a couple of years ago. He's pretty annoyed that someone else got there first :) )

Is he annoyed that someone else got there first or that he didn't?

Because the idea in itself isn't that revolutionary. What is
revolutionary is that it isn't owned by Sony. Although who knows what
big multinational has control of Stanton?

Have to say that the case looks suitably spacey and futuristic. It's a
pity that it cannot record both streams. On the main page it says they
originally had two soundcards. I wonder why they haven't secured a deal
to use a card with multiple sample synced i/o. Could be that the cost of
that technology at the moment is to high so they have gone for an early
  release to get a jump on the market.

Pity they don't use ALSA yet.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.