Re: [linux-audio-user] joystick recommendations?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] joystick recommendations?
From: Conrad Parker (conrad_AT_vergenet.net)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 02:45:27 EEST

On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 09:53:36AM -0500, Will Benton wrote:
> hey,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good joystick for realtime softsynth/pd control?
>
> I saw some $18 playstation-style USB pad at walmart (I think it was
> made by interact), but it only had two analog inputs. However, for
> $18....

I got a Logitech Cyberman 2 a while ago, 6 axes of movement, 32bits per
axis, plus 8 buttons, and wrote an input handler for aube with it:

  http://www.vergenet.net/~conrad/gallery/cyberman_20000208.html

Unfortunately I've never seen one anywhere else, I think they were made
for playing Descent but didn't sell well.

The MS Command Control (I think that's what its called -- designed for
real time strategy games) looks similarly interesting but only has 3 axes
of movement (one twist and x/y translation) and seems to be widely
available.

Conrad.