Re: [linux-audio-user] strange problems with snd

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] strange problems with snd
From: Nathaniel Virgo (nev_AT_ziggy.uklinux.net)
Date: Sun Sep 15 2002 - 22:21:04 EEST

On Friday 13 September 2002 7:21 pm, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Hi, Nathaniel:
>
> Your system's Motif may in fact be LessTif. I've been having troubles
> with that build lately, though Marco Trevisani has built and used it
> (under Debian IIRC). I recommend the OpenMotif group's version instead
> of Lessif.

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply.

LessTif may well be what's causing me problems - I have both lesstif and
motif installed (but not lesstif-dev) from debian packages. I'm about 92%
sure that it's built with motif because I tried --with-static-motif and only
motif-dev provides libXm.a rather than libXm.so, but I still get the same
problem. I'd try removing lesstif to see if it helps but for some bizarre
reason Konqueror (and therefore the whole of kde) depends on it.

> I think your second problem is due to an out-of-date Guile. Version
> 1.6.0 is now available (check Google for Guile) but I haven't heard yet
> from anyone build Snd with it. I use version 1.5.6, I think that's now
> available on the CCRMA ftp server.

Yes, that seems to be the reason. The workaround that Paul posted seems to
have worked - I now have icons but no text...