Re: [linux-audio-user] [Fwd: Re: [ardour-dev] Ardour, IRQs and xruns]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [Fwd: Re: [ardour-dev] Ardour, IRQs and xruns]
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Sep 24 2002 - 20:02:27 EEST

I have found that on my second computer which I am designing to be a
dual cd DJ machine, the usb irq are set at 4. I have checked in the bios
and there is no way to set the usb irqs (although I can for the pci
slots , bah)

Does anyone have ideas on how to do that internally?

TIA.

BTW I have had good success using alsaplayer and the cdda interface
while playing two cds at the same time. I had to put each on it's own
ide cable. One as primary slave to the hdd and one as secondary master.

I can now play two cds at the same time and load any file off my hdd too
without dropouts. I'm pretty stoked about that. Now all I need is a dj
mixing console which can cue to headphone out and I am set.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur