[linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] looking for a sound card

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] looking for a sound card
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Thu Nov 07 2002 - 13:17:27 EET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Moved to LAU please continue this thread there.

On 11/7/2002 - 03:58:38, Joshua N Pritikin said:

> i wish "The ALSA Soundcard Matrix" was more specific. Both the
> CMI8738 (not working) and the Audiophile appear to have the same
> level of alsa support. :-(

Saying this is one thing but actioning it is a different matter. We have a
bugs section for the alsadocs and it is becoming obvious that it should be
more prominently represented. I have started looking into it this past
week but have no solid game plan.

However, It still requires user contributions to make it work. Until now
this has been very low on my priorities list along with most other people
round here I think. But it seems that we have mostly covered everything
else and it is becoming the next majorly requested thing.

The only other way I can think of having more information about the level
of support for cards instantly accesible is for someone to start doing a
Linux audio hardware benchmarks site. Currently the information is covered
in many places.

alsa-devel
alsa-users
LAU
LAD
jackit-devel
ardour-users

to name a few. If you have time to read all these sites and a couple of
years up your sleeve to get aquainted with the info then you will be fine.