Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] looking for a sound card

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [Jackit-devel] looking for a sound card
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 11:30:05 EET

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Moved to LAU please continue this thread there.
>
> On 11/7/2002 - 03:58:38, Joshua N Pritikin said:
>
>>i wish "The ALSA Soundcard Matrix" was more specific. Both the
>>CMI8738 (not working) and the Audiophile appear to have the same
>>level of alsa support. :-(
>>

> The only other way I can think of having more information about the level
> of support for cards instantly accesible is for someone to start doing a
> Linux audio hardware benchmarks site. Currently the information is covered
> in many places.

I suppose the most obvious way to represent this data would be to set up
a rating system. I will make a new column next to the notes

Does anyone have ideas for what should be rated?

Also anyone know how to set this up? I haven't looked into this before
so if someone else has experience with a rating system then what's the
dealio?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman