[linux-audio-user] scheduling and playback automation

Subject: [linux-audio-user] scheduling and playback automation
From: Richard Green (r1chardgreen_AT_yahoo.com.au)
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 23:52:59 EET

I am new(ish) to this list so hello, been listen for a week or so.

 I am looking for a the type of software I found in at
sharewaremusic.com for scheduling and automation of radio shows. There
are a few options in the Windows category, but I have found nothing for
Linux, and nothing GPLd.

I am hoping that such software would be useful for running a stage
productions audio sound effects, with the sound operatator reading the
cues from an on-screen running sheet, and triggering the associated sound.

He's the part I need most: If, becuase of the timings of cues, the
asssociated sounds overlap, they should be mixed together and played
back though the same output device. Audio samples would be fairly well
prepared, but a simple way to set the overall playback level of an
individual same would be ideal. Timing accuracy is not enormously
important, so ability to work with a low latancy kernel is not
necessarily a requirement.

Do you know if such an thing exists for Linux?

Thanks

Richard