Re: [linux-audio-user] chebstortion in swh-plugins: How *should* it sound?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] chebstortion in swh-plugins: How *should* it sound?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 08 2002 - 17:04:39 EET

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 02:50:47 +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> > I played a bit with chebdistortion from the SWH set, and I'm
> > wondering, if what I get is the intended result. I doesn't sound like
> > an effect useful for anything to my ears, but I might have a broken
> > version or something. I made an short example at
> > http://footils.org/snd/cheb.ogg with a clean signal, then the
> > chebdistortion kicking in.
>
> Yeah, thats not what its supposed to sound like. There is a wierd bug
> which causes to go like that when it sees certain inputs. The unfilterd
> sound from my bass is fine, but if I feed it pure sinewaves it goes nuts.

A thought has just occured, maybe I should add a note to the documentation
of each plugin saying what the intended devlopement state is?
Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Final or something.

Sadly I'm not very good at keeping the docs upto date as it is, maybe a
wiki or something would be a good idea. Do people make use of the docs as
they stand though?

- Steve