Re: [linux-audio-user] playing chords to help practise improvisation

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] playing chords to help practise improvisation
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 07:02:15 EET

On/le Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:56:42 -0500 (EST)
Larry Troxler <lt_AT_westnet.com> wrote / a écrit quelque chose comme:

> <some snippage>

> I don't know what set me off to go on that rant last night [...]

Well, I neither don't know why I jump so quickly on this ;)
Maybe I was too much fighting trying to make it work under wine...
To answer Peter Jay Salzman, sorry, bbox is ... a cute name for Band-in-a-Box, which ran first under Atari, then now Windows and MacOS. So sad.
Sometimes there is a similar unix-native project coming in this mailing-list. I believe some coders are working on it, but I don't know much more.
Maybe should I try to emulate in the atari emulator...
If I succeed I let you all know. Of course you'll need the original atari disks (uhh? )

> [...] because when I was learning jazz, the music minus one
> records were the equivalent I suppose, and we *did* use those.

You are right that apart from personal work, we always need to play with real musicians.
I'm sure we both agree that it's what music is all about, sharing pleasure with others.

Cheers
Guy CLO~
#ICQ 37736372
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html