RE: [linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?
From: Jesse Chappell (jesse_AT_essej.net)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 03:25:34 EET

Mark Knecht wrote on Mon, 09-Dec-2002:
> On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 12:28, Brian Redfern wrote:
> > Well, you can already load in audio files and edit their pitch/tempo in
> > ardour,
>
> Thi is not true. You cannot modify a wave file's 'pitch' in Ardour, to
> the best of my knowledge. I doubt you can actually modify the tempo of
> an audio segment in Ardour. We just added tempo support.

Mark is correct, the tempo-support just lets you define tempo
and meter changes within a session... you can snap regions based
on this info, however there is *no* direct support for pitch or
time-stretching the audio in ardour.

I agree that the basic Acid functionality should be in another
app (even though as a lazy developer, having to reimplement the multi-track
UI paradigm *again* makes me sad). Sharing some transport controls
via Jack should allow rendering the tracks to ardour easier.

jlc