Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions
From: Darren Landrum (consul_AT_studioconsul.net)
Date: Mon Dec 23 2002 - 01:15:06 EET

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 04:08 PM, Taybin Rutkin wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Dec 2002, Darren Landrum wrote:
>
>> Generating an image on the fly and having them write the contents of
>> the image into a form field? While it would still be possible to
>> automate that, it would be much more difficult. Does anyone object or
>> have any other ideas?
>
> I just want to point out, without starting a language war, that I know
> that such a thing is trivial in PHP.

Okay, one last post. :)

I was not referring to how hard it would be to automate the server-side
part of this function. I was saying that it would still be possible,
perhaps using an OCR program, to automate making new accounts on the
client side, even when they have to type in what a generated image
says. Sorry for the confusion.

>>> Simply using `file` on the submitted files
>>> can also weed out .zip .rar and other
>>> unwanted files, should their be anyone
>>> trying to put anything else than a loop online.
>
> This is to be totally automated? It seems that some sort of
> administrator
> is necessary to say yay or nay to uploads.

That's part of the design I'm trying to decide upon now. I know I won't
have the time to be a full-time moderator of this system, so it seems
to me that we'll have to program as many reasonable checks as possible
into the system, and then intervene when we have to.

Regards,
Darren Landrum