Re: [linux-audio-user] poor audio quality in tX?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] poor audio quality in tX?
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Mon Jan 06 2003 - 12:21:35 EET

Samuel S Chessman wrote:

> Likely causes:
> gpm is configured and both x and gpm are using the same device
> gpm is configured, X is using /dev/gpmdata and the repeat type
> isn't raw, and X is getting the wrong mouse protocol
> gpm is configured, the repeat type for gpm is raw, X is using
> /dev/gpmdata, but protocol in XF86Config is incorrect.
>
> Check /etc/gpm.conf repeat_type and device
> Check /etc/XF86Config-4 Option "Device" and Option "Protocol"
>
> If you are using gpm, it is recommended to set repeat_type=raw
> and in XF89Config-4 use Option "Device" "/dev/gpmdata" and
> Option "Protocol" whatever your mouse is.

Hearty and helpful. I'll take another serving of that anytime please.

You da man Sam. You da fscking man :)

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman