Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour/boosthardware.com/quicktoots...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour/boosthardware.com/quicktoots...
From: Yassen Roussev (slona@slona.uklinux.net)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 21:55:29 EET

* Frank Barknecht <fbar@footils.org> [030202 00:25]:
> Hallo,
>
> I built and installed ardour (again after a long long time) and now I
> don't know what to do with it...
>
> There was an ardour quicktoot, but boosthardware.com cannot be reached
> from here. Is it dead currently? Did anyone mirror the ardour toots?

the toots have moved to http://www.djcj.org/

but if that is hosted on the same server as boosthardware you might be
out of luck.

If that is the case you can use the google cache to look at the toots.
You just need to know their names. Someone can post these I am sure.

Also I would recommend you subscribing to at least the ardour-users
list.

> (BTW, I'm using and testing the Demudi ardour-snapshot-build-system
> so far worked like a charm and makes compiling ardour a
> two-commands-issue)

I am sure a lot of people would be interested in hearing a bit more
about this! How are the snapshots generated?

> And I cannot get ardour to read its pixmaps from
> /usr/share/arour/pixmaps, unless I change into that directory. Isn't
> this set up in $ARDOURRC if I "export
> ARDOURRC=/etc/ardour/ardour.rc"? ardour.rc contains the pixmap-path
> set to /usr/share/arour/pixmaps.

in my /root/.bashrc:

export ARDOURRC=/root/ardour.rc

in my /root/ardour.rc
    <Option name="pixmap-path" value="/usr/local/music/src/ardour/pixmaps"/>

When X starts I starts and fire up a terminal I start another bash to read
the bashrc file referring to the ardour.rc file. Might work without
that if you put it in the .bash_profile file, but I remember having some
problems with that, the terminal not reading it or something.

Help that helps,

Yassen