Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour/boosthardware.com/quicktoots...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ardour/boosthardware.com/quicktoots...
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar@footils.org)
Date: Sun Feb 02 2003 - 23:51:28 EET

Hallo,
Yassen Roussev hat gesagt: // Yassen Roussev wrote:

> the toots have moved to http://www.djcj.org/
>
> but if that is hosted on the same server as boosthardware you might be
> out of luck.

I was, and I am still. Now I get at least a "Webpage under
construction" message instead of the timeout. But a kind soul already
sent me the relevant docs.

> Also I would recommend you subscribing to at least the ardour-users
> list.

Ah, there is an ardour-users list now? I'll subscribe that, too.

> I am sure a lot of people would be interested in hearing a bit more
> about this! How are the snapshots generated?

You can take a look at it on http://cvs.agnula.org. It fetches the
ardour source by cvs "fakeroot debian/rules snapshot", does some magic
and then you can compile ardour just like any other Debian package
with dpkg-buildpackage or "fakeroot debian/rules binary".

> in my /root/.bashrc:
>
> export ARDOURRC=/root/ardour.rc
>
> in my /root/ardour.rc
> <Option name="pixmap-path" value="/usr/local/music/src/ardour/pixmaps"/>

This seems to be another syntac then the ardour.rc agnula installs. I
have this:

  <Config minimum-disk-io-bytes="262144"
  track-buffer-seconds="5.000000" [...]
  pixmap-path="/usr/share/pixmaps/ardour" session-path="~/ardour"
  [...] />

in $ARDOURRC. Maybe mine's a config file for an older version?

/usr/bin/ardour is a acript, that exports ARDOURRC before starting
the ardour binary, so then an entry in ~/.bashXX wouldn't be needed.

ciao