Re: [linux-audio-user] Getting alsaplayer to work with Audiophile

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Getting alsaplayer to work with Audiophile
From: Frank Barknecht (fbar_AT_footils.org)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 13:05:18 EET

Hallo,
Immanuel Litzroth hat gesagt: // Immanuel Litzroth wrote:

> I have on the same card. I do not have the commandline here (at work)
> but I found that there is a switch you can use to set the periods. I
> use the plughw device and set the periods to 6. I will send you the
> complete commandline tomorrow.

Thanks for the hint, I tried it with fragcount and it did indeed work:

$ alsaplayer --fragcount=6 beach_boys-smile_bootleg/Wind\ Chimes.mp3
error on set_periods (13)
Unavailable hw params:
ACCESS: RW_INTERLEAVED
FORMAT: S16_LE
SUBFORMAT: STD
SAMPLE_BITS: 16
FRAME_BITS: 32
CHANNELS: 2
RATE: 44100
PERIOD_TIME: (11609 11610)
PERIOD_SIZE: 512
PERIOD_BYTES: 2048
PERIODS: [1 13)
BUFFER_TIME: (11609 148595)
BUFFER_SIZE: [512 6553]
BUFFER_BYTES: [2048 26212]
TICK_TIME: 10000

Ah, "Wind Chimes" is just so beautiful ;)

ciao