Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANNOUNCE] tapiir-0.7.1
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 05:48:27 EET

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 05:54, Maarten de Boer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A minor bugfix release.
>
> http://www.iua.upf.es/~mdeboer/projects/tapiir/
>
> Maarten

Maarten,
   First, thanks for a great addition! This is going to be a very, very
powerful tool. Wonderful sounds abound.

   A couple of things:

1) The program begs for a master volume of some sort. People will use
this in parallel with dry signals. I want to just grab a volume and mix
it. Right now I have to grab left and right separately.

2) It seems to me that a file change should reset all the audio going
through the delay lines, but it seems that it doesn't. A long delay
pattern, and then a new file, and then starting more audio quickly (I'm
playing a synth through it) leaves remnants of the old file or old
audio, I'm not sure which.

3) Attempting to enter a directory which does not exist when looking for
a setup file crashes the program completely.

   Really good stuff. Like Paul said this morning, I think htis is one
of those defining moments.

Cheers,
Mark