[linux-audio-user] Interrupt sharing question

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Interrupt sharing question
From: Larry Troxler (lt_AT_westnet.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 16:07:31 EET

Just a quick question. After installing Redhat 8, I'm a bit concerned by the
follwing line in my /proc/interrupts:

10: 476 XT-PIC usb-uhci, usb-uhci, EMU10K1

Aside from the extreme nausea resulting from learning that my sacred MIDI port
is being put in the same office as the disgusting mundane usb port, is this
a performance issue if I'm not actually using the usb port?

I suspect there is a bit of a hit because the interrupt handler now has to
poll all the sources, but I maybe not - I understand the principles of
interrupt handling but not the specifics of the PCI bus or the linux kernel.

So do I need to do something about this, or not?

Larry