Re: [linux-audio-user] Interrupt sharing question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Interrupt sharing question
From: Mark Knecht (markknecht_AT_attbi.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 16:41:06 EET

Larry,
   There shouldn't be much of a problem if you are not using USB at all.
On the good side, you're using IRQ 10, which is a high priority
interrupt, so you'll get pretty good response.

   If you have problems, or just want to change it, then it will likely
require that you move the EMU10K1 to a different PCI slot and make
adjustments in your BIOS to organize interrupt usage a bit. It's not
difficult, but it can be trying and requires you to look at a lot of
pages in BIOS to make the choices. It's probably not worth doing it now.

   You're always better off not to share IRQs, but in your case it may
be OK.

Good luck.

Mark