Re: [linux-audio-user] GWC quits

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] GWC quits
From: Reid Vail (rsv869_AT_adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 22:36:37 EET

Reid Vail wrote:

> I'm running GWC and have run into a problem with the app just
> aborting. Quits in the midst of the Pop/clicks removal routine. It's
> consistant. The hardware I'm running is an Athlon 850 with 256k RAM.
> The sound card is an SB16 ISA. I know it's not much, but it was free,
> back a few years ago. Now I wonder if the routines that GWC is
> performing are just too much for that little engine to execute, so the
> program aborts. Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> RV

Thanks for all the info..and thankfully it is 256mg - jeeze :>

I do have everything connected and working, no problem there.

I do think a new&improved card is the right thing to do. It will
probably help and can't hurt. I'll head to Pricewatch and see what's
available.

The way I see it, I'll use GWC for the clean up, and head to something
like Broadcast 2000 for "effects" if needed. I'm thinking that last
step might help restore some depth to the sound that gets lost by clean
up. Or maybe that's what the Amplify fuction is for. Not sure.

As for GWC aborting, maybe it was pilot error. I'll keep looking.

thx

RV