Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone using multiface+cardbus?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Anyone using multiface+cardbus?
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 18:19:14 EET

Hi,

gentoo 1.4.3 or whatever the later release is
jackd 0.62.0
Ardour/GTK 0.334.0 running with libardour 0.643.2
jackd -R -v -d alsa -d hw:0 -p 64

I tested recording eight tracks of audio into Ardour
using "jackd -R -v -d alsa -d hw:0 -p 64". This
produced one xrun when disengaging record on the
transport.

Next test; one track of audio from Ardour to
freqtweak, back to ardour. Same jackd settings as
above.

One xrun while adding an xterm window.

Well, the obvious change from an environment that was
producing an endless stream of XRUNs to one which
looks encouraging is running jackd with --realtime
enabled. doh!

Jesse, if there's any other tests or whatever that
you'd like me to run so you have some reference for
your environment, let me know. I'll happily follow
your instructions.

ron