Re: [linux-audio-user] Trying to record audio from line in and additional questions

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Trying to record audio from line in and additional questions
From: Scott Thomason (scott_AT_thomasons.org)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 04:22:39 EET

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:59:42 -0500 (EST)
Sylvain Robitaille <lau_AT_therockgarden.ca> wrote:

> Still I can _hear_ the audio coming in (monitor it from the main
> output), but trying to _record_ the audio results in silence being
> "recorded".
>
> I *know* that I'm probably missing something simple, but I have no
> idea what or where else to look at this point. :-(

I had the same problem. You may need to use the IGain setting to boost the input off the zero mark.

Unfortunately, for me this lead to an apparent cyclical overloading effect that made the input sound exactly like a good old-fashioned guitar amp tremolo. Perfect, except when you don't want it. This is with a Creative Labs Audigy card. I'm hoping ALSA 0.9.2 and the use of jack "heals" my woes.
---scott