RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 10:43:44 EDT

> Is there anyone else who wants to work on this?

Steve,
   I'm still very willing to do comparisons between what Pressgang (now
JAM?) and other tools like those from Waves sound like.

   Is anyone working on the other half of this Mastering equation? The other
tool I cannot find in Linux is something like "CD Architect" from Sonic
Foundry. This tools lets you take multiple finished tracks and arrange how
you want them on the CD. It allows you to do fades between tracks, time the
spacing between tracks, add track names that show up on your CD player LCD,
etc.

   If there's a good GUI programmer out there that wants to get technical
with how CDs get made, this would be a wonderful area to make a
contribution.

Cheers,
Mark