Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 11:26:42 EDT

Mark Knecht wrote:
>>Is there anyone else who wants to work on this?
>

> Steve,
> I'm still very willing to do comparisons between what Pressgang (now
> JAM?) and other tools like those from Waves sound like.
>
> Is anyone working on the other half of this Mastering equation? The other
> tool I cannot find in Linux is something like "CD Architect" from Sonic
> Foundry. This tools lets you take multiple finished tracks and arrange how
> you want them on the CD. It allows you to do fades between tracks, time the
> spacing between tracks, add track names that show up on your CD player LCD,
> etc.
>
> If there's a good GUI programmer out there that wants to get technical
> with how CDs get made, this would be a wonderful area to make a
> contribution.

I thought there were already a few good cd creation guis for linux.
Worth checking linux-sound.org if you haven't already.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Being on stage with the band in front of crowds shouting, "Get off! No! We want normal music!", I think that was more like acting than anything I've ever done.

Goldie, 8 Nov, 2002 The Scotsman