Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 12:11:29 EDT

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> > Is anyone working on the other half of this Mastering equation? The other
> > tool I cannot find in Linux is something like "CD Architect" from Sonic
> > Foundry. This tools lets you take multiple finished tracks and arrange how
> > you want them on the CD. It allows you to do fades between tracks, time the
> > spacing between tracks, add track names that show up on your CD player LCD,
> > etc.
>
> I thought there were already a few good cd creation guis for linux.
> Worth checking linux-sound.org if you haven't already.

I use Gcombust, a nice front-end for cdrecord. You can arrange your
tracks however you want, but I'm not sure about the track spacing and
naming. You can easily rename data files but the utility isn't there for
audio tracks. I'd check into cdrecord's details, you may need only write
a GUI for it specialized for audio burns.

Best regards,

== dp