Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app
From: Darren Landrum (consul_AT_studioconsul.net)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 01:36:23 EDT

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

>> like fades between two separate wave files,
>
> I wasn't aware this is possible. I've always thought that was up to the
> editor app to do fades. Otherwise why do I have so many mix cds where
> they also provide a second cd with all the tracks seperated from each
> other?

Having worked with CDArchitect, yes, it does include this functionality,
which basically means that there is wave editing of a basic sort included in
the program. You can also adjust volume levels, which means it probably has
dithering algorithms, too, unless there's something within the CD spec I'm
not familiar with. (I don't know, is the volume of a CD totally dependent on
the wave amplitude, or is there some kind of gain control?)

I would be interested in doing anything I can to help the development of a
mastering suite along.

-- Darren