RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app
From: R Parker (rtp405_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 13:01:48 EDT

Those are all useful features that I'd like to see
too.

In a version 1 I'd be happy with a JAM dsp chain that
recieves input from Ardour:master[L,R]_playback. Why?
In one word, granularity. If the bass guitar is to
loud in a mix, switch windows to Ardour, make
appropriate adjustments, return to JAM and resume
mastering the stereo image.

There's no need to affect the entire range of the mix
when one instrument is a problem. I think of this as
two issues, problem fixing and mastering.

MMMMM I like JAMIN,

ron