Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Mastering app
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 08 2003 - 16:06:03 EDT

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:01:48 -0700, R Parker wrote:
> In a version 1 I'd be happy with a JAM dsp chain that
> recieves input from Ardour:master[L,R]_playback. Why?
> In one word, granularity. If the bass guitar is to
> loud in a mix, switch windows to Ardour, make
> appropriate adjustments, return to JAM and resume
> mastering the stereo image.

Yes, thats what it's designed to do at the moment, once it does that we
can decide what other features we want.

> There's no need to affect the entire range of the mix
> when one instrument is a problem. I think of this as
> two issues, problem fixing and mastering.

I agree, I think these things have been merged to closely in the past.

> MMMMM I like JAMIN,

Yeah, if someone else registers jamin.sf.net, I'l ditch jamit. I dont want
to request jamin so soon after, the sourceforge guys will think I'm a twat
:)

- Steve