Re: [linux-audio-user] No CD audio!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] No CD audio!
From: Daniel James (daniel_AT_mondodesigno.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 11:47:29 EEST

> But I was thinking the digital out could be passed directly to the
> sound interface.

You mean extract the audio through the IDE cable? I tried this, for supposedly
better sound quality, but I found the increase in noise from the drive
spinning faster negated any audio quality benefit.

If your onboard sound chipset does not have an analogue CD input, has it got a
digital audio input? Some CD-ROM drives have a digital audio out connector.

Cheers

Daniel