Re: [linux-audio-user] saving mixer settings on Mandrake 9.1

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] saving mixer settings on Mandrake 9.1
From: Gustavo Zamorano S. (gzsuniq_AT_cableonda.net)
Date: Fri Jun 13 2003 - 20:33:58 EEST

After you get the Alsa drivers, you should also get the tools and utils.
I added the following lines to my /etc/rc.local file for initial audio
setup while starting Red Hat Linux:

echo "Adjusting sound card controls..."
# Turn on PCM, CD, Headphones and Speaker
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=22 1 # Turn on PCM
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=16 1 # Turn on CD
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=7 1 # Turn on speaker
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=3 1 # Turn on Headphones
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=23 24,24 # Set PCM Volume
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=17 24,24 # Set CD Volume
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=4 24,24 # Set Headphones Volume
/usr/bin/amixer cset numid=8 13 # Set speaker Volume

If not, all of them are mute.

GZS

--
This Message is sent from My R. Hat 8.0 Linux server

.-. .-. | Gustavo Zamorano S.