Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)
From: Laura Conrad (lconrad_AT_laymusic.org)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 17:20:52 EEST

>> Do you use abc2midi

    anahata> One time I used abcmidi on a tune that happened to be in
    anahata> 3/4 and it added a completely inapropriate Oom-pa-pa
    anahata> waltz accompaniment (it was supposed to be a lyrical
    anahata> song). After that I didn't bother with it much :-)

You can turn that off:

%%MIDI gchordoff

I like having the MIDI to proofread with -- I can read music, too, but
following the original while listening to the MIDI is easier on the
eyes than looking back and forth between the original and the one I've
typeset. And I frequently typeset music I don't know, so that I can
play it with my group.

I also recommend using:

%%MIDI ratio 3 1

since otherwise the abc '>' construct is given an interpretation
that's idiomatic to some style the abc2midi author uses all the time.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad_AT_laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (801) 365-6574