Re: [linux-audio-user] recording multiple input audio streams

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] recording multiple input audio streams
From: Paul Perkins (speaker-to-vegetables_AT_pobox.com)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2003 - 15:33:44 EEST

On Friday 20 June 2003 01:30 pm, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Paul Perkins wrote:
> > ... and I'm still waiting for the day when someone explains ALSA
> > configuration files
> > in a way that I can understand....
>
> Halt who goes there lurker?
>
> What don't you understand?
>
> Have you read the docs? wiki et al...

What don't I understand? I would like to see each concept that the ALSA
configuration file language is intended to be able to express, and then the
syntax used to express that concept. Then some examples with clear
explanations of why each thing in the config file was put there. As in a good
programming language tutorial. What I've seen instead is a lot of chunks of
strange-looking syntax "explained" by saying "try stuffing this in <some file
somewhere>, and good luck." Which leaves me blundering around in the dark,
hoping to get lucky :-).

I've read a lot of the docs, but of course not everything on the whole web,
especially as new stuff appears all the time. What would you recommend that I
read specifically?

-- Paul Perkins