Re: [linux-audio-user] MusE: Jack or Alsa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MusE: Jack or Alsa
From: LinuxMedia (linuxmedia4_AT_netscape.net)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 06:13:12 EEST

aacton_AT_yorku.ca wrote:

> Timidity is nice for rendering MIDI, but I've found it to have too much
> latency for live softsynth use.
>
> Austin

I wonder why that is. For live playing I have the following set and
there's no latency at all:
timidity -iA -B2,8 -Os -EFreverb=0 -s 44100

Also, in Muse I've had 4 tracks playing and recorded/played back a drum
track with it without any glitches of any kind.

Why we're on the subject. Do you have any clue how to use .sf2 sound
fonts with Timidity? The man pages (along with other sources I've read)
say that it's possible. I can't figure out how though.

Thanks,
Rocco