Re: [linux-audio-user] MusE: Jack or Alsa

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] MusE: Jack or Alsa
From: Guy Clotilde (guy.clotilde_AT_wanadoo.fr)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 08:49:19 EEST

Hi

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:13:12 -0400, LinuxMedia wrote / a écrit:

> Why we're on the subject. Do you have any clue how to use .sf2 sound
> fonts with Timidity? The man pages (along with other sources I've read)
> say that it's possible. I can't figure out how though.
>
> Thanks,
> Rocco

I think I can help: I use soundfonts with timidity this way:
Example:
first I create a file named Timidity_Rhodes.cfg with this one line inside:

        soundfont /THE_PLACE_WHERE_THE_SF2_FILE_IS/mk_1_rhodes.sf2

second, I creat an executable bash file named TIMIDITY_RHODES.sh with this one line inside:

xterm -bg orange +sb -geometry 45x2 -e /usr/bin/timidity -iA -B2,8 -Os -c /THE_PLACE_WHERE_THE_CFG_FILE_IS/Timidity_Rhodes.cfg

It launches an orange xterm so that I can stop it with a ctrl+c.
Of course, change "THE_PLACE_..." with the real directory names ;-)
I use aconnect to connect to my keyboard.
It works very well, unless one thing: I don't know how to have the tremolo with timidity (fluidsynth does it). On the other side, timidity loads all the others GM sounds in the same time. So it's just lile classic timidity, plus my rhodes sounds at 000-000 to 000-004.

bye.
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html