Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth: Sustain bug ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] fluidsynth: Sustain bug ?
From: Joerg Anders (j.anders_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 10:51:20 EEST

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Julien Claassen wrote:

> Somewhere around line 1367 it says, that a counter (COUNT or COUNTER) should
> be set to a number. After that you add if (COUNT ==0) COUNT = 98; - This
> should solve the matter.

I tried to find this line. But if I:

  $ cd fluidsynth-1.0.3/src/
  $ fgrep COUNT *

I get:

  fluidsynth.c:#define DEFAULT_FRAG_COUNT 32
  fluidsynth.c:#define DEFAULT_FRAG_COUNT 16
  fluidsynth.c: int c, i, fragcount = DEFAULT_FRAG_COUNT;

In my opinion there is a more serious problem: The strings are much
too quietly, already from the beginning. And the volume difference between
attack and sustain is much too big. Again: It concerns only the
srings of all soundfonts. And the clarinet of some soundfonts.

Perhaps the SF2 format has still a special statement which orrcurs
very seldom and which is ignored by fluidsynth.(?)

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja_AT_informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)