[linux-audio-user] more about vstserver, k_vst, and Pd

Subject: [linux-audio-user] more about vstserver, k_vst, and Pd
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Thu Sep 18 2003 - 15:26:58 EEST

Greetings:

  In the process of providing Tim with an example I found that some
severe instability sporadically occurs with the following setup:

        Pd 0.37 (final)
        vstserver 0.2.7
        k_vst~ (latest)
        WINE 20030911 from WineHQ (i.e., not Kjetil's)

  Sometimes the server will go into an endless loop of "wine client
error" messages. No problem, I can kill the process with no difficulty,
but it would be nicer if it didn't happen. ;) The spin usually takes
place when I'm setting up the Pd patch for more than one plugin, but
unfortunately it doesn't happen all the time. I'll try Kjetil's version
of WINE later today.

  Btw, I agree that it would be good to have a list of VST plugins known
to work in the environment. Alas, I have no time to put into such a
thing, but I will gladly donate my own list and comments.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org