[linux-audio-user] dual sound cards

Subject: [linux-audio-user] dual sound cards
From: Simon Mushi (mushis_AT_mail.lafayette.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 21 2003 - 18:26:58 EEST

Hi,

I am trying out a small project whereby I wanna transform my gentoo linux
box (2.4.20-r5) into a linux dj rig. So far I have catalogued the bpms of
all my mp3s
with bpmdj, have an external mixer, but where I have hit a snag is
configguring my system to see my 2 sound cards. My "primary" unit is
an SB LIve and it runs smoothly under alsa. My second unit was initially
an Aureal Vortex unit but the alsa drivers weren;t as "easy" to get going
as the ones for an old SB Ensoniq 1370 that I had so I threw it in
instead. And duly recopiled alsa with supoprt for both.

I made changes to the /etc/modules.d/alsa, in the hope of getting devfs to
create new nodes for the device...such as a second dsp and mixer....but as
usual devfs is being a b*()*$ ..... does anyone know how I can get around
my problems....or can anyone who has succesfullys set-up more than one
soundcard in the same box give me any suggestons.

Cheers

Simon