Re: [linux-audio-user] Weird glitchy noise in Mozilla

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Weird glitchy noise in Mozilla
From: Gustavo Zamorano S. (gzsuniq_AT_cableonda.net)
Date: Mon Sep 22 2003 - 01:45:31 EEST

As far as I can see ALSA are just the sound driver. It does not have a
sound server.
IN my Red Hat 9 box, the sound server artds has an option -a that is
supposed to accept alsa, oss and toss as parameters. But, artds -A
shows that valid options are only oss, toss and null.
So, I set it to run with -a toss ( prerefences -> Sound -> Sound server).
As long as I can hear music I am sure the Alsa drivers are working.
I would like to know if working with artsd is ok or I should wswitch to
jack or esd.

GZS

--
This Message is sent from my Red Hat 8.0 Linux server
      Machine Registration number 205692 at http://counter.li.org/

.-. Gustavo Zamorano S. .-. | Registered Linux user number 320898 .-. | | at http://counter.li.org/