Re: [linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 - spdif in

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] audiophile 2496 - spdif in
From: Rick Taylor (ricktaylor_AT_speakeasy.net)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 03:37:21 EEST

On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 18:15:21 +0100
jordan muscott <morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>Im really sorry about the volume of nonsense here :(
>
>Slackware 9.
>PIII 866
>alsa 0.9.7
>
>Has anyone succesfully recorded via the spdif input on this card using
>arecord? I'm getting lots of 'overuns' which result in jumps when I
>playback the resulting file. I've just built a new kernel with low
>latency but this has made no difference at all. For example:
>
>[jordan_AT_bootsy new]$ arecord -f dat -D spdif 909track.wav
>Recording WAVE '909track.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000
>Hz, Stereo
>overrun!!! (at least 0.090 ms long)
>overrun!!! (at least 0.030 ms long)
>overrun!!! (at least 0.061 ms long)
>overrun!!! (at least 0.030 ms long)
>
>This doesn't look ideal to me either:
>
>[jordan_AT_bootsy jordan]$ cat /proc/interrupts
> CPU0
> 0: 98023 XT-PIC timer
> 1: 1556 XT-PIC keyboard
> 2: 0 XT-PIC cascade
> 8: 1 XT-PIC rtc
> 10: 108365 XT-PIC eth0
> 11: 14874 XT-PIC aic7xxx, ICE1712
> 12: 27245 XT-PIC PS/2 Mouse
> 15: 2 XT-PIC ide1
>NMI: 0
>LOC: 97983
>ERR: 0
>MIS: 0
>
>If I use the nvidia drivers for my graphics card then nvidia appears on
>irq 11 as well. My bios doesn't look like it supports setting irqs, and
>I tried switching the slots that my ethernet card (eth0) and my sound
>card are plugged into but they still appear on the same irqs.
>
>Any help or pointers would be much appreciated. Even if someone just
>sais "no, it doens't work for me either", then at least I'll know that
>I'm not the only person who has wasted money on this card :=(

 :} Them great big cards is called "motherboards".

 Does yours have any distinguishing features? ...Maybe a brand name or model
number?

 Any IRQs blocked or not enabled? Can you at least reserve any of them?
Which slots are shared, do you need the SCSI? What's mapped to 3, 5 and 7,
etc? Why is nothing mapped to 3, 5 or 7?