RE: [linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 20:51:24 EEST

> I think, Foobar2000 should be the only player allowed on a Linux
> user's Windows desktop, period.
>
> ciao
> --
> Frank Barknecht _ ______footils.org__

Frank,
   Thanks for the pointer.

   OK, I've uninstalled winamp (for now) and am trying out foobar2000. It's
pretty minimalistic, but it's working. Impossible to say if it sounds any
good on this system which uses a SB Audigy and a noisy external amp and
speakers. I'm listening with some headphones. This amp has a lot of hiss. It
does work though, which is always the first step. I'll try it for a few days
and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Mark