Re: [linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] ogg player for Windows?
From: Tim Orford (tim_AT_orford.org)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 20:39:46 EEST

> One of the many neat features it has is global shortcuts. I use this a
> lot at work to transcribe radio interviews. It allows you to control
> for example Rewind or the Pause function with a global key (I use
> NUMPAD-0). That way you don't need to leave focus of the text editor
> application to stop and rewind a missed section. This is sooo cool and
> a major time saver. If someone could add this feature to alsaplayer it
> would be wonderful...

what a cool idea!

wouldnt this be a windowmanager specific thing?
what wm are you using? i guess any decent wm should
be able to assign an arbitrary keyboard command to
a program. i already have a program which acts as an intermediary
between apache and alsaplayer so if i can work out
how to do this in the ion wm i'll give it a shot!

how many seconds for the rewind, 10?

cheers

--
Tim Orford