RE: [linux-audio-user] That whole mp3 vs. ogg vs. wma vs. yomamma thing

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] That whole mp3 vs. ogg vs. wma vs. yomamma thing
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 15 2003 - 00:15:55 EEST

> > http://www.guitarsbyleo.com/PICS/F100/GGF10081.JPG
>
> That is a very nice-looking guitar. Made back in G&L's heyday when
> Leo was still with us too. I suspect that my guitar will not age
> quite as well as that one, but I'm very happy with it.
>
> Greg

Mine's actually in pretty good shape, other than a single ding in the
varnish it got years ago. It's sort of nice to know that you bought the
guitar early enough in the companies history that Leo might have been around
watching it get made.

About 2 years ago I took it to a professional to have the frets looked after
and to get it setup and intonated. The guitar plays wonderfully. It is a G&L
though, so it certainly has it's own tone. Not a Strat, but in the same
area. It can scream when it needs too.

Today I pick up a Les Paul and it feels so strange. I played an SG the other
day that I really liked. I haven't tried too many of the new brands. I still
intend to get an old Rickenbacker one of these days, like George played, and
some day an Alembic bass probably. Lots of great instruments out there.

Cheers,
Mark