Re: [linux-audio-user] Copyrights on samples

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Copyrights on samples
From: Michal Seta (mis_AT_creazone.32k.org)
Date: Thu Oct 16 2003 - 07:15:26 EEST

Actually, I think negativland encourage sampling...

However, I just remembered that Kim Cascone (www.anechoicmedia.com) put out a
cd called 'Parasites' which had one long track and some 20 short (< 1 min)
tracks which were intended to be sampled and built into other sound
structures (just like parasites would evolve/develop). He even proposed a
project to the microsound mailing list to do just that. I even have a piece
on that (which was done using only linux, yeah!). You can listen to all
those pieces here:

http://www.microsound.org/parasites/

--
	      _