Re: [linux-audio-user] Zaurus users?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] Zaurus users?
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 10:25:01 EET

WIth the 5500 the best bet is to do everything from the terminal, but
I've also read that performance is a lot better with openzaurus, I was
just having a lot of trouble getting openzaurus to flash onto my 5500,
and I tried to run the upgrade and had trouble flashing that as well,
but I like using the terminal and apache/mysql works as well, and it
also makes a cool ebook reader with the guttenberg reader, and there's
also a couple of good graphics programs.

Csound has one problem, you need to really use the zaurus plugged into
the power supply and then turn off the "supsend", so that it doesn't go
to sleep in the middle of compiling a piece.