Re: [linux-audio-user] CD Burning...

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] CD Burning...
From: Anahata (anahata_AT_treewind.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 20:47:12 EET

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 07:07:21PM -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> I don't burn much on Linux jsut because the tools seem much more
> difficult to use

$ cdr *.wav

What's difficult about that?
(it took a little time to figure out what to put in cdr, but it's only
a one line shell script)

This looks like it could be a speed problem - certainlly reducing the
speed should show whether or not that's the case. On my CDR burning
system I then found two major improvements I could make:
(a) tweaking the HD performance with hdparm
(b) turning on burnproof feature, which has to be done explicitly with
cdrecord and I must agree isn't obvious how to do it -
driveropts=burnproof, which you find out by RTFM and trying
-checkdrive driveropts=help

HTH

--
Anahata