[linux-audio-user] Rezound and jackd

Subject: [linux-audio-user] Rezound and jackd
From: james kellam (airbrush_AT_freeshell.org)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 22:14:39 EET

Hi once again all,
I have installed rezound (succesfully I hope! ). But it seems to hang if I try to use jaskd.
Here's what happens:
I fire up an xterm and type:

jackd -d alsa -d hw:0

Then I see this:

jackd 0.80.0
---notices---
jack compiled with System V SHM support
hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|4800|nomon|swmeter|rt
open
starting engine

Then I fire up another xterm and type: rezound

the second I do that in the first xterm (jackd's) I see this:
alsa_pcm:xrun of at least 8.834msecs

Then (or at the same time) a dialog box pops up on the screen:
Choose port for output Chose 1
I choose: alsa_pcm:playback.1
and I click on ok (green check mark)

Then everything stops

when I get tired of waiting and ^c the rezound window, this pops up in the jackd term:
subgraph starting at rezound timed out (subgraph_with_fd=11, status = 1086326156, state = Triggered)
subgraph starting at rezound timed out (subgraph_with_fd = 11, status = 1088326156, state = Triggered)

I am using the latest rezound :0.8.3beta
and jack is 0.80.0
alsa is version 9.rc2
sblive 5.1
850mHz stick of Celery