Re: [linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2003 - 11:10:21 EET

Rob wrote:
> On Saturday 06 December 2003 08:46, Anahata wrote:
>
>>As for contributing back, if he says he is doing so, I agree
>>that some semantic acrobatics might be required to justify
>>this ;-)
>

> On the web site he says, "The team of developers currently
> working on this program have asked Luxuriousity to have
> our customers pass on their ideas on how this program can be
> enhanced, so you will be participating in the world-wide growth
> and evolution of this ground-breaking audio tool!!"
>
> That's very cleverly worded, and I suspect it's technically
> accurate - Audacity's development team asks its users to file
> bug reports and the Luxuriousity guy passes that request on to
> his users, and that's about the extent of their "community
> involvement" ;) I don't think I've seen any claims by the
> Luxuriousity guy that he gives any money or anything else to the
> Audacity project, and I've been looking.
>
> (Spend some time on groklaw, you'll learn to identify weasel
> speak within a couple days... ;) )

And that weasels are slippery buggers. I'm pretty sure he has reworded
the add a few times recently. But maybe I just read too much into what
he wrote.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
http://www.boosthardware.com

Apparently upon the beginning of the barrage, the donkey broke discipline and panicked, toppling the cart. At that point, the rockets disconnected from the timer, leaving them strewn around the street. Tethered to the now toppled cart, the donkey was unable to escape before the arrival of U.S. troops.

United Press International Rockets on donkeys hit major Baghdad sites

By P. MITCHELL PROTHERO Published 11/21/2003 11:13 AM