Re: [linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-user] License free Linux ??
From: Rob (lau_AT_kudla.org)
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 21:27:31 EET

On Saturday 06 December 2003 08:46, Anahata wrote:
> As for contributing back, if he says he is doing so, I agree
> that some semantic acrobatics might be required to justify
> this ;-)

On the web site he says, "The team of developers currently
working on this program have asked Luxuriousity to have
our customers pass on their ideas on how this program can be
enhanced, so you will be participating in the world-wide growth
and evolution of this ground-breaking audio tool!!"

That's very cleverly worded, and I suspect it's technically
accurate - Audacity's development team asks its users to file
bug reports and the Luxuriousity guy passes that request on to
his users, and that's about the extent of their "community
involvement" ;) I don't think I've seen any claims by the
Luxuriousity guy that he gives any money or anything else to the
Audacity project, and I've been looking.

(Spend some time on groklaw, you'll learn to identify weasel
speak within a couple days... ;) )

Rob