RE: [linux-audio-user] Suitable distro for audio works

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Suitable distro for audio works
From: Matthew Allen (matthew_AT_lith.com)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 21:10:34 EET

I will 3rd (or 4th?) the Agnula recommendation. I had originally installed
ccrma (which is fantastic for those who want to just get up and go!) but I
wanted to do a lot of stuff with PD that wasn't yet supported under ccrma,
but was supported under debian out of the PD CVS. I installed a base woody
system, then set all of my apt stuff to testing, and used the Agnula disks
to get the sound stuff set up. After some initial X and mouse problems with
agnula (now being tracked in their bug databse) I was good to go.

> I'm not sure when AGNULA 1.1 will be ready for release but
> I'm sure it's Real Soon Now. ;)

January 15th according to some recent posts of the Agnula list.

> Next month's column for the Linux Journal On-line will briefly
> describe my experiences with PlanetC and AGNULA.

Cool. By the way Dave GREAT article in CMJ. I just got back from vacation,
checked the mail, and saw the cover! Having just jumped into the Linux world
I was happy to see the article. (A month or 2 to late for me, but I'm sure
it will help a lot for others!)

m.