RE: [linux-audio-user] Suitable distro for audio works

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-user] Suitable distro for audio works
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 21:24:41 EET

I'm running both, I found that for my desktop I could run Demudi and
everything works great, and for my laptop I found that getting 802.11
hardware to work under Debian woody is no mean feat, so I found that
Fedora was a very easy install for my laptop, which had been previously
running Demudi, but since I couldn't get my wireless pcmcia card to work
under woody i went ccrma instead. Anyways I think ccrma is a bit harder to
setup, it takes more tweeking of modules.conf to get alsa working right
under ccrma, demudi was harder to do the basic install (anacondo is easy
to use with fedora), but then easier to get demudi working than with
ccrma.